Technological advances and innovations experienced today on the internet have given rise to the growth and rise of e-commerce, as a versatile tool to buy, sell, order and pay for products without leaving home; all thanks to digital media and online communication; discover everything you need to know about this new way of doing business.
What is an e-commerce?
It is an electronic trading system through which all the processes of buying and selling products are carried out; as well as services; characterized by the fact that all processes are carried out exclusively on the Internet, as part of the use of new communication technologies.
In other words, it is the online version of commercial stores; many of which also have physical establishments; but where a wide catalog of products and services accessible to consumers is offered; whose transaction is managed entirely through internet networks.
This implies that any user interested in purchasing an item, enters the platform of the online store of their choice, clicks on buy and immediately the data will be available to pay their amount and the conditions under which they wish to receive it in the store. comfort of your home or at a parcel delivery office.
Basically it is therefore about buying and selling products on the web; with the advantage that the seller communicates with the buyer without the need for a physical meeting.
To have your own ecommerce, it is essential to create an online store or make use of any platform that allows you to carry out purchase-sale transactions.
Advantages and disadvantages of e-commerce
Not all business models are profitable; each of them has benefits and prejudices; that are assumed as part of the risk of any investment; being in this case those of ecommerce, the following:
Undoubtedly, having an online sales platform will diversify your sales possibilities, reduce production costs, distribution and in many cases even storage; because many ecommerce acquire their products, only when these are demanded, in addition:
• They offer greater flexibility to change prices based on demand.
• They allow their presentation in digital form
• The available products are adapted according to the needs of consumers and the demands of specific sectors.
• The identity of a brand is easily expanded, without there being a limited place for sale; by virtue of which the products can be purchased from anywhere in the world.
• Allows the collection of useful data to analyze the responses of consumers to certain offers or the type of products they search for most frequently.
• Ecommerce stores provide a personalized and less invasive online experience; which leads your customers to decide without pressure what they want and when they want it.
The web page of an ecommerce will be the first experience that a user will have of your product or services; so it is essential to create it in a versatile and intuitive way to meet their expectations, otherwise it will generate points against you:
• All ecommerce should have a physical store as backup or have earned a certain prestige online, precisely because they are transactions in which the collection of money is involved.
• If you only have an online presence, its fall will mean considerable losses.
• In case your platform is slow or poorly designed; users will desist from entering it and therefore they will not buy anything from you.
• Although you describe your products in detail, some customers will choose not to buy it until they try it; which is undoubtedly a risk for your business.
• Today there is a lot of competition in the market, so you must stay current and highlight offers to attract potential customers.